OTP Startup Booster Program is an international partnership program seeking later-stage startups with validated products and scaleups from all over the world, with the chance to build goal-oriented, business-focused, and mutually beneficial partnerships with OTP Bank, a top tier player of the financial industry in Central and Eastern Europe.
The program starts with a 3-month pilot phase, after which the most successful cohort companies are admitted to a 6-month rollout phase aimed at supporting the full-scale, live integration of the tested solutions into the operation of the bank. Take this unique opportunity to refine your product, grow your business, and expand your networks through projects conducted in one of the 11 countries where the OTP Banking Group is present and via bespoke training and mentoring sessions!
OTP Startup Booster Program is brought to you by OTP LAB, OTP Bank’s innovation hub.
Results-oriented pilots based on real business needs
Business-relevant Proof-of-Concept or pilot projects with one of the banks belonging to OTP Group, collaborating directly with renowned OTP experts
Dedicated support from piloting to live collaboration
Connection with the right stakeholders and key decision makers within OTP Group, dedicated resources to support the live rollout in case of a successful pilot
Business development acceleration & potential customer base
Opportunity to forge new partnerships within OTP Group and get access to up to 19+ million customers in the CEE region
Business insights and guidance from dedicated mentors and key decision makers at OTP Group with market-specific expertise in 11 CEE markets
Investor relations & international networking
Introductions to PortfoLion, OTP’s VC and PE arm, to other VCs and angel investors and access to an extensive pool of renowned mentors, leading corporate partners and our proven alumni companies
No cost, no equity
There are no application or participation fees, we take no equity, we do not lock you in
Who are we looking for?Startups and scaleups, which meet the following criteria:
- Company is managed by at least two full-time founders, covering both business and tech competences. We especially encourage women-led companies and startups with gender-diverse founding teams to apply.
- There is some novel and scalable technology or an innovative business model behind the product.
- The product is market ready, validated at least through pilots (even better if you already have live users and/or corporate partners).
- There is a founder, a C or VP level executive who will devote the necessary time, energy, and attention needed for driving the partnership with OTP.
2022 batch timeline
- Launch of open call: 7 Mar 2022
- Application deadline: 18 Apr 2022
- Online interviews: 18 Apr – 29 Apr 2022 (please ensure your availability)
- Offline selection days in Budapest: 25 – 26 May 2022 (please ensure your availability)
Pilot phase milestones
- Kick-off week: 05 – 09 Sep 2022
- Mid-term week: 10 – 14 Oct 2022
- Final week: 21 – 25 Nov 2022
- Online Demo Day: 30 Nov 2022
- In case of successful pilots admission to the 6-month rollout phase aimed at long-term partnership
- Alumni membership
Click on each focus area to explore the related business challenges we aim to solve with innovative partners.
- Gamified debt collection
- Churn prediction and retention
- Voice search optimization/voice advertisement, implementation of audio branding
- Data-driven sales offers, recommendation engine development, conversion rate optimization
- Integrated, multi-platform analysis with advanced behaviour analytics
- Advanced customer feedback collection and personalized campaign management
- Advanced OCR/NLU solutions handling non-structured documents
- Automated internal regulations management with intelligent searching
- Performance management and incentive platform for contact center
- Test environment management, liveness/readiness check with real time visualization
- Self-service digital business travel management
- Remote workplace scheduling, management
- Gamified learning and development for employees
- Gamified digital solutions to shape the culture of recognition and supporting the process of large-scale award ceremonies
- Employee wellbeing enhancing with gamification
- Fraud prevention to constantly monitor client's and economically connected groups' potential fraudulent activities
- Employee engagement platform supporting interactions with and between employees
- Improving contact center efficiency with AI based predictive call routing, emotional intelligence and recommendations
- Analysis of reading behaviour of clients on digital channels and offering content improvement recommendation
- Offline ATL campaign measurement
- Internal communication and engagement
- Cloud based, SaaS POS emulation/sandbox, integrated/automated test and certification management of retail checkout softwares
- IBAN verification during SEPA transactions
- Cardless ATM cash withdrawal
- Gamified investment
- Advanced BNPL (“Buy Now Pay Later”)
- Innovative savings - goal based savings, microsavings, etc.
- Gamified solutions for improving financial literacy (for kids and/or adults)
- Client engagement, loyalty, reward and retention
- Advanced PFM
- Data enrichment in order to enhance the risk assessment and scoring of corporate customers
- AI-based Business Financial Management platform utilizing open banking capabilities
- Financial analysis application for SME and corporate clients
- Creation of balance sheet, income statement and tax reports for private entrepreneurs
- Automated financing of deferred payment accounts with an integration to accounting platforms or webshops
- Automated monitoring of pledged account receivables
- Hybrid payment solutions and devices
- Modern POS acquisition solutions
- Client acquisition lead management for SME clientele
- Innovative proptech solutions for home buyer/sellers and homeowners
- Analysis of the economic impact of climate change on clients
- Scoring-as-a-Service provided by the Bank
- Carbon footprint measurement of SME clients
- Precision farming solutions (e.g.: multispectral, satellite etc. Images, yield estimation and control)
- Utilization of data gathered from precision farming
- Car loan related marketplace/aggregator with fraud advertisement checking, evaluation of the car etc.
- Advanced retail marketplace functionalities
- Platform supporting environmental and health consciousness, green transition of clients and the bank
- Collection and recycling of expired bank cards
We are of course aware that we do not know what we do not know, and therefore we are open to disruptive solutions that can transform the financial industry in ways we have not thought of. If you have such an idea, we encourage you to submit your application.
OTP Bank Hungary
OTP Bank Hungary
OTP Bank Ukraine
OTP Bank Hungary
OTP Bank Hungary
OTP Bank Ukraine
OTP Bank Romania
OTP Bank Hungary
OTP Bank Ukraine
Our partners offer special deals, workshops, office hours, and the chance to get fast-track access to their acceleration programs.
Startups evaluated for collaboration
Participating OTP business units
Ratio of post-pilot collaborations
“Participating in the 2022 Startup Booster Program has been extremely rewarding for deskbird. I want to highlight the professional, supportive, and friendly approach we have all received since day 1.”
"Participating in the OTP Startup Programme has been a great experience. The concept is well defined in order to help OTP brands test new innovations (without some of the usual red tape the industry has) as well as give startups a foot in the door for collaboration with a major bank. The programme itself is all-round extremely well managed and run by great people. I can only recommend taking part."
"The goal of our pilot was to implement a regulations management system that reduces the publishing time of regulations and improves the management of regulations (e.g. analysis, communication). I would like to shine the light on the brilliant team that worked with us from OTP Bank Romania. They understood their problems of regulatory compliance and knew the solution that they needed and that is why they scouted us. They always had the big picture in their mind for a solution not just for their team but for the whole of OTP group. It was a true pleasure to participate in this Startup Booster Program, the OTP LAB team really looked after us and we would highly recommend it to all start-ups and scaleups. "
"The OTP Startup Partner Program totally re-imagines the way in which startups and banks can cooperate. During the program we were provided with a fast track way to showcase our solutions with clearly defined time frames and success criteria. Along the way we received all the support we needed from the program team and the startup mentors, and we really felt like the whole organization was on board. Apart from the immediate pilot, the type of exposure that the program provides is truly unprecedented, as it spans across all banks from OTP Group."
"The OTP Startup Partner Program is a huge win-win for both a startup and OTP: The startup gets deep and precise feedback in multiple iterations, and likely a new customer. OTP is leveraging startups in an effective way to rapidly absorb innovations, annihilate internal red tape and foster entrepreneurial, „can-do“ culture. An impressive achievement!"
"The OTP Startup Partner Program has been essential in understanding the unique ecosytem of OTP Bank, connecting us with champions from within the organisation, and providing all resources necessary for the first step into a successful collaboration. I strongly recommend it to all startups."
"As a fintech, you need to break the vicious circle: the banks don't work with you because you have no experience with other banks and you don't have previous experience with the banks because they don't trust you without a previous validation. OTP Partner Startup Program is the perfect solution to make a PoC with a bank that appreciates innovation and invests resources implementing it. For us it was instrumental in our journey to success.”
"The OTP startup program is unique in the European Startup ecosystem in that startups can get direct and quick access to decision makers in a global company almost immediately. The combination of OTP's appetite for innovation and the results-driven approach of their Innovation Lab allows companies to move fast and show value during the program, with great commercial opportunities to follow both in Hungary and in subsidiary banks."
”The OTP Startup Program is an extraordinary opportunity for any B2B startup, who wants to expand in financial services. The program gave us a good chance to acquire deeper knowledge on banking sector, an opportunity to manage a pilot program in a multinational giant and also to learn from peer startups. I am proud of being part of it, congrats for the organizers for the extremely professional execution and fingers crossed for the next-gen startups!”
”Framed by the fantastic organisation by the OTP Innovation Lab team we benefited from relevant expert mentorship and the fast-tracked and direct access to senior level decision-makers - not only for Hungary but also for the subsidiaries. If your main targets are banks and you have CEE ambitions, this is the right program to go for.”
“The program was not just an external project but really integrated within the bank and besides workshops and networking we could do business with OTP within 3 months.”
“OTP Bank was clear about its business objectives and the program was dedicated to foster bank-fintech partnerships. OTP LAB provided access to the right stakeholders at the right time.”
Take a look behind the scenes and explore the best moments of being part of the Program.
You can find the program team here:
Subscribe to our Startup Booster newsletter
initiatives of OTP Bank and its partners via our
Do you have any questions?
Check out our Frequently Asked Questions page for more information.
If you can’t find the right answers there, feel free to drop us a line on email@example.com.